Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Taken from my personal Facebook Page, posted on September 21, 2016 · 






"Sometimes there's not a better way. Sometimes there's only the hard way."

~Mary E. Pearson~

Anything worth doing takes three things. Time. Passion. Dedication.

I should say there is a fourth thing. Follow through...

Passion can only take you so far. We are constantly battling time. And people seem to have subjective views on what dedication is. But follow through is everything. That can be the hardest.

Lucky for me, I am surrounded with people who hold me accountable to what I say I will do and what i will be doing. I really love that I agree to do things because I have things to hold me accountable to. For that, I'm grateful.

It can be draining...

BUT.

We have a limited time on this rock that hurtles through space and we should make the most of it. Whether we have had the best day imaginable, or a really discouraging one...we have been here. Doing. Being. And there's a good likelihood that we will be doing and being tomorrow. :)

And eventually, everything comes back around.

I was thinking of my work and sometimes...when I have a challenging day, or a challenging month, or several months, I get to thinking "Am I really making that much of a difference? Do I really have it in me to keep on doing this?" We all have those days. All of us.

I came to a conclusion.

We may not always feel what we do is enough. We may not always feel good about what we're doing. Some nights, we may be like..."WTF, Universe?!? Give me a break!"

BUT...what we do? It DOES make a difference. Maybe to one person. Maybe to a few. Maybe OUR passion ignites passion or inspiration in others. And THEN what we toil at begins to show that we are holding ground. That it's beginning to take shape into this thing we only dream of.

So keep doing. Keep being. Keep working. Find things that reignite your passion if it fizzles along the way. The way may seem hard and filled with obstacles sometimes. But, it is worth every second. Every backbreaking, heart wrenching, gut twisting second. Because someone's life may change because of your work. Someone's life may change because of you. Because you didn't stop doing. Being. Believing. Or working your ass off. Even though it was hard. Even though it's impossible. Even though you may feel alone.

Because succeeding the hard way gives us a satisfaction we'd never have otherwise.

No comments: